Ranked Battles and Leaderboards (0.6.744)
The ‘Battle Timer’ is back (anyone remember it?). This time it’s here in a new guise, as the rhythm of battle sways between ‘fun time’ and the time when you really need to hunker down and get serious. Bring it on!!!
STANDARD MATCH or RANKED MATCH?
- New ‘Battle Timer’ at the top of the HUD when you are in the Mothership
- The timer cycles every 10 minutes, 8 minutes for Standard Matches, and 2 minutes for Ranked Matches
- Enter at the right time to get a ‘Standard’ or ‘Ranked’ match
- The match is determined when it launches, not when you are in the lobby, so make sure you get in early enough if you want a ranked match
- Both Standard Matches and Ranked Matches will earn you RP and TP as before
- But, Ranked Matches are the only matches that will log your score to the Friends Leaderboard
- This system allows you to goof around and play seriously when you want to, whilst retaining high numbers of users in the Lobby to maintain low queue times and full matches 24/7
- NB: Ranked Matches will feature in the Robo-Leagues when they are launched also
- Feature unlocked at Tier 2
- Invite Friends via the Social Menu (or push ‘L’)
- See your Friends listed on the Friends Leaderboard in the Mothership
- See which Friends are online \ offline on the board vie the green \ red status indicators
- Each Tier from 2-10 has it’s own Friends leaderboard
- Your score is the average ‘Total RP’ taken over your last 15 Ranked Matches
- Your score is Total RP without Premium and before Repairs
- Your score will degrade slowly if you do not play for 30 days, to maintain a ‘live’ leaderboard
OBSOLETE LOW TIER CUBES
- Some old low Tier Plasma, Rail, Thruster, etc. cubes have now been made obsolete
- If you had any on your Robot or in your inventory they will have been removed and the RP and TP fully refunded at the full purchase price in the Depot
- Some of you have requested that we re-introduce the smaller Aerofoils, Thrusters, and Electroplates and we are looking for ways to do that in future
- 10% nerf of Rail Damage – we feel that the Rail Cannon gameplay needs to be improved. We will be working on this during next week. Thanks for all the feedback on this.
- 10% nerf Plasma Cannon damage
- BUG FIX: Wheel audio cutting out and going silent, is now fixed
- BUG FIX: Spawn bug in Mars #3 where you sometimes fall through the terrain, is now fixed
- BUG FIX: Cosmetic button in Depot and Inventory Screens how highlights properly
- PLATOONS: We know that these are bugged. We are working hard on a solution to fix the long queue times you are experiencing when in Platoons and the times when it breaks and you do not get games. We are hoping to release a hot fix on this in the next couple of days.